Saturday, July 2, 2016

Dream it... But make it happen

There is a saying that everything in life happens for a reason, and I strongly agree on that. I love what I currently do: working at a Real Estate firm as a social communicator. I’ve been here for one year and a half and I’m lucky to say that I have enjoyed every day, just like if it was the first one. But when people ask me about my experience in college, the first thing that comes to my mind is how much I enjoyed working with students, kids, elders or women, using communication as a wonderful tool to achieve development, not for people, but with people. All though I ended up working at big companies during these last years, my professional emphasis is Communication for Development. But this is not only a title printed on a paper diploma, it’s a vocation and strong conviction that fills my spirit.

I´ve been unbelievable blessed: I’ve had the chance to study, travel and work doing what I love. I have the best family I could ask for and friends with whom I have soulmates bonds. So giving a little bit of this blessings to others is a personal compromise that makes me absolutely happy. This is why I’m choosing to spend the next six months of my life doing something that will be incalculable enriching, not only for me, but for all the people that will meet at this heavenly place called St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

I won’t be close to my beloved ones, but new people will become my family. I won’t have my car to get everywhere, but I’ll walk amazing landscapes surrounded by nature, just like if they were taken out from a fantasy book. I won’t receive a monthly payment on my bank account, but being able to see all the smiles upon hundreds of people, learning from them and with them, will be priceless.

This experience might be challenging, new and even scary, not knowing what exactly I'll find, but that is what makes this upcoming chapter of my life become unforgettable and I can’t wait to start living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment